Life has seemed to hit a pause button and I couldn’t be happier. I’ve gotten so much accomplished and I’ve had so many days off lately that it’s feels like I have truly been able to relax. I mean, I’m still me, so I’ve been filling it up with errands, recipe testing and all the goodygood stuff. But I have taken the time to watch a movie here and there. And not just Harry Potter on in the background, but actually sat down and watched a movie. Like not while editing photos.
But all of that to say, it’s about to pick up again here in July. We have so many fun things planned I can barely handle it. I kind of live for this stuff. And then I live for the crash after.
- We are having family in town! I get so excited to see Tia’s and Tio’s and cousins that Daniel and I rarely see because we live an 11 hour drive away. ELEVEN HOUR DRIVE. And, full discretion, It takes us about 12 hours because I have to stop to go potty like five times throughout the trip and make a nice little pit stop at In-n-Out. But sometimes they come and see us!!!!!!! And we couldn’t be happier about it because, you know, we love them.
- I have three cake orders in July…. In the SAME WEEKEND. That is two wedding cakes, 50 cupcakes and a large special order all within a 3 day window. You guys. I do this to myself.
- We get to watch our little cousin Finlee again for about 5 days while her family goes on a missions trip to Mexico. I’m so excited. It’s going to be days filled with Disney and nights filled with Sleepy Squirrel. PUMPED.
- We are ending July with the much-anticipated International Food Bloggers Conference. The IFBC is being held in Sacramento, CA this year and Daniel and I will be making the drive down together. I’ll get to meet people who know the struggle of a food bloggers life and eat amazing “farm to fork” food! And after the closing ceremonies, Daniel and I will be catching a good ole’ Giants game. Can you say “even year!?”
Okay, well there are definitely more things happening but that’s pretty much the bare bones of what life will be like in July. So excuse me while I sit back and watch a movie while doing NOTHING else. Nothing else but snacking on this Strawberry Mint Smoothie Bowl.
Talk about transitions!
Okay this has been my breakfast lately and especially when I don’t have much time. It is so fresh and just wakes up all my summer taste buds. Plus, it has all the good things in it to help me conquer my day full of checklists and errands. If you are worried about eating well but not interested in sacrificing taste, this is the snack/breakfast for you. It will be your go-to all summer long. Plus, you sound super cool when you say “Oh, I just had a smoothie bowl for breakfast”. You are superior to your friends… end of discussion.
Strawberry Mint Smoothie BowlsPrint Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen peaches or pineapple
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seed
- 1/4 cup fresh mint (about 10 leaves)
- 1 cup water
- for topping
- fresh fruit
- chia seeds
- edible flowers
- chopped nuts
Blend the frozen strawberries, peaches or pineapple, coconut milk, chia seeds, mint and water together until it resembles a thick, dense smoothie. Add more water as needed.