Let’s talk about life and all the things that get in the way. Let’s talk about schedules that are crammed and jobs that can get heavy. Let’s talk about amazing dream stuff that feels great. Let’s talk about tiredness, fatigue, and health. We’re in this together. Pull up a seat. And then, we’ll enjoy the best of February with this Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Chickpea Spaghetti.
It’s no secret that life has been a little hectic in my neck of the woods. We have a lot going on and a lot to be thankful for which is why I’ve been kinda quiet around here. I heard this analogy from a wonderful person yesterday: “Every recipe eventually has to come out of the oven.” And my life? It’s been cooking on 450 degrees for a little longer than what is necessary. I’m bubbling and super crispy on the edges. So, I took myself out of the cooker to do some much needed THANGS.
- Buy, not one, but TWO cars! Remember that one time a huge oak tree fell on our cars and totaled them both? Yeeeeeaaaahhh……. We needed to take the time to do that.
- My cake decorating workshop!!! Happened. Loved it. Will happen again. A wrap up post will be going live next week.
- Meetings, meetings, meetings, and Oh! More meetings.
- There is a number 4, but it’s one I won’t share with you quite yet. It’s exciting, scary, and new. But it’s taking up a lot of mental space and time to be sure. More on this, I’m sure, later.
- WORK! It’s year end. And, my part-time gig ramps up a bit in Jan/Feb. It’s no biggie, but it’s a weight none-the-less.
Things pile up, don’t they? So thank you for letting me take a few weeks to just be CHILL with you all.
Okay, let’s get one thing straight—Valentine’s Day is coming up! I love this day! I love it more than you might ever know. Does it have to do with my birthday being dangerously close to the holiday? Yes. And yes again. My birthday is always pink and purple. It’s THE BEST.
It’s not our favorite thing to go out on Valentine’s Day. One year we did a couples version of “Chopped” which was SO FUN… and not appetizing. Usually, it’s just me roasting a citrus-filled chicken and making a pasta dish. But last year, we picked up some food from a chain restaurant that shall remain nameless. It was great, very little clean up, delicious pasta, and perfectly romantic. We’ll be doing that again this year because, as I said, I’m bubbling and super crispy on the edges.
So, here is a recipe for Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Chickpea Spaghetti that is delicious, easy, and won’t take much of your time on Valentine’s Day. It’s a throw it all in a blender kind of sauce. No chopping, nope. Just 15 minutes away from a charming little bowl of pasta.
I always make my pasta with a tomato confit that just takes some time in the oven. If you’re interested, I use the confit recipe from this post. It’s just a fun little addition, but totally unnecessary if you’re into less dishes and more time cuddling on the couch with your better half.
Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Chickpea SpaghettiPrint Recipe
- 1 package of spaghetti noodles
- For the sauce
- 2 roasted red peppers
- 1 16-ounce can chickpeas
- 1 28-ounce can of stewed San Marzano tomatoes
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons salt, more to taste
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup packed, fresh basil
- 1/4 cup packed, fresh oregano
- pinch of red pepper flakes
Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
Place all of the sauce ingredients in a blender and blend together for at least 5 minutes. Pour sauce into a saucepan and cook for another 5 minutes until the sauce is heated through. Add cooked spaghetti to sauce and toss until combined. Top with Parmesan cheese, additional red pepper flakes if you like, and serve.
I like topping my spaghetti with cherry tomato confit. Thomas Keller's recipe is my all time favorite.